Food is an essential part of traveling as it adds to the excitement and fun when you’re on the road. It truly provides an unforgettable experience hence why most travelers plan on what to cook and eat for their travels.
This is also the reason why most campers feel that no road trip would be complete without eating their delicious and yummy food when they go to their destination as It not only makes their tummy full but also makes their trip worthwhile.
Cooking food in your RV allows you to have the opportunity to try new recipes and also eat healthy meals compared to eating at fast food or restaurants back at home. However, it can sometimes be a challenge when you don’t know what meals to cook or the ingredients that can easily be purchased when you’re on the road.
With various recipes that you can try, it can really get confusing to choose which one. To help you, we prepared some amazing recipes you can cook when you`re on the road.
Delicious and Easy Recipes for the Road
Opting for a protein-packed meal? Then this egg casserole recipe is a great choice. Eggs have great benefits such as enhances liver function and reduces heart disease. It is simple and easy to cook, especially during breakfast. Plus, the ingredients are readily available in your kitchen or pantry.
BTW, if you are interested in topics like this, click here.
- ½ diced tomato
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt, pepper, paprika & garlic powder
- cheese (Optional)
- 4 Eggs
- ½ diced onion
- 1 can of chopped potatoes
- 2 sausage links of your choice
- Place the chopped potatoes and sausages in an oven-safe pan.
- Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, paprika & garlic powder.
- Place it inside the oven and bake at 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs then add the cheese and onions as well as the tomatoes.
- Once the potatoes and sausages are baked, pour in the egg mix. Then, bake again for 10 mins.
- Lastly, garnish it with cilantro and tomatoes.
Serving turkey doesn’t always have to be on Thanksgiving. You should try it as a special meal when you travel on the road. This turkey taco recipe is a great way to add a little flair to your ordinary taco recipe. It is also a perfect choice for a healthy meal as it is a rich source of protein, vitamin B6, and niacin. If you have kids, they’ll surely enjoy and love eating this delicious recipe.
- Corn Tortillas
- 2 Diced Tomatoes
- Mexican Spice Mix
- Ground Turkey
- Cheese, sour cream (Optional)
- Put the ground turkey in the pan and mix the Mexican spice mix. Place it on the stove and cook until brown.
- While the ground turkey is still cooking, chop the cilantro and tomatoes.
- Once the turkey is cooked, place the tortillas on top of the ground turkey for two minutes to make it warm.
- You can then mix all the ingredients together and place them inside the tortilla.
One-Pot Broccoli & Basil Pasta
Turn your pasta into a very healthy meal with this quick and easy recipe. Though it only has a few ingredients, it is very delicious and scrumptious once it’s cooked. Also, you can cook this in just under 30 mins making it perfect to eat anytime you like.
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 head of Broccoli
- Basil for garnish
- In a pot, add some water and boil it on the stove.
- Then place the pasta and broccoli into the boiling water. Wait for at least 8-10 mins.
- Once the pasta and broccoli is cooked, drain the water and place it on a plate.
- Pour in the tomato sauce on the pasta and then add salt, pepper, and garlic powder for taste.
- Mix everything together and then place add basil and parmesan on top.
Baked Salmon & Squash
Salmons are very delicious especially when it’s baked. It is also a great healthy alternative for pork and chicken meals. You and your family will definitely enjoy eating this Baked Salmon & Squash recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, lemon pepper
- 1-3 fillets of salmon salmon
- 1 squash of your choice (acorn, butternut, zucchini, etc.)
- Coat the salmon with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, paprika, and olive oil.
- Place the coated salmon and squash in an oven-safe cooking dish.
- Bake it inside for 20 mins at 350 degrees.